Our practice is committed to providing the highest quality dental care for you and your entire family. We provide a wide range of services from general health maintenance to teeth whitening with the best technology available.
We wish to make your visit as pleasant as possible. Rest assured that you’ll receive the personalized attention that you deserve.
On the first visit to our office, you’ll receive a complete and thorough exam, including oral cancer and gum disease exams at no additional charge. You will appreciate our use of the latest materials, modern treatment techniques and our pleasant, relaxed atmosphere.
Dr. Straka is a native of Ohio where he earned both a bachelors and a masters of science degree in biology at the University of Toledo. He later taught biology at the College of the Albemarle in Elizabeth City, NC. Dr. Straka went on to further his education at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill where he earned his DDS degree in 1985. He was a member of the faculty at the School of Dentistry in 1985 and 1986, teaching in the Department of Operative Dentistry. He is a fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry and has taken additional training at the Pankey Institute for Advanced Dental Education and at the Center for Restorative Excellence. Dr. Straka has been extremely active in the profession of dentistry and in the community. His professional and community activities have included:
- President of the Catawba County Dental Society
- President of the Western Piedmont Dental Society
- President of the First District of the North Carolina Dental Society
- President of the Foothills Dental Study Club
- Chairman of the CVCC Dental Hygiene Advisory Committee
- Hickory Kiwanis Club
- Troop Committee Member, Boy Scout Troop 341
Dr. Straka is currently a member of the following professional organizations:
- The Catawba County Dental Society
- The Western Piedmont Dental Society
- The North Carolina Dental Society
- The Foothills Dental Study Club
- The American Dental Association
- The Academy of General Dentistry
Dr. Straka and his wife, Nancy, enjoy spending time with their daughter, Savannah.
Open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 8:00 AM till 5:00 PM
Closed for lunch 1:00 PM till 2:00 PM
Open Wednesday 8:00 AM till 3:00 PM
For the comfort of our patients, our office is smoke-free.